Hi! My name is Beichen!
I am the creator of the Little Map House, plus, a map/ visualization nerd, and an Asian foodie.
I create each map with a unique personality to display their messages and information.
I have previous working experiences as a postgraduate researcher at the Department of Geography in Penn State, and at the Gibbs Land Use and Environment Lab under the Nelson Institute for Environmental Studies. I have been continuously inspired by all the amazing humans I worked with. I currrently hold a Master’s degree in Urban and Regional Planning with a certificate in GIS from the University of Wisconsin-Madison. I am interested in studying and utilizing knowledge in fields of data science, human-computer interaction, visual storytelling, etc. to make insights in spatial phenomena more discernible and intelligible.
During my spare time, I am also a freelance cartographer.
• Made in China
• Eyes: dark brown
• Hairs: black; they switch from straight to slightly curvy when they turn 3-month old
• Forehead "tiger" wrinkle: naturally born
• Weight-lifting at home (very amateur level)
• Watching inspiring movies (e.g. ,,)
• Cooking Chinese food and Japanese food (e.g. ,)